The 11th Rosa Barba Landscape Prize is now accepting submissions.
The prize is sponsored by Fundación Banc Sabadell and is set within the framework of the 11th International Biennale of Landscape Architecture to be held in Barcelona on the 30th of September, 1st and 2nd of October. The theme of this year’s Biennale is “Climate change again,” with discussions to centre on issues related to the global crisis and its endangering of existing ecosystems.
The Biennale is accepting submissions of landscape architecture and planning interventions, located world-wide, created between 2015-2020. The prize of €15,000 will be announced during the symposium.
The jury for the 11th prize comprises:
- Julie Bargmann of US-based practice; D.I.R.T studio;
- James Hayter of Adelaide studio, Oxigen;
- Pierre Donadieu, emeritus professor in Landscape Sciences at the National School of Landscape Architecture of Versailles-Marseille;
- Kongjian Yu, founder of Beijing-based firm Turenscape; and
- Maimunah Mohd Sharif, executive director of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme.
Past Rosa Barba Landscape Prize winners include:
2018 – Saxhóll Crater Stairway in Iceland, Landslag ehf
2016 – Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Hargreaves Associates
Public Opinion Prize: Renaturation of the River Aire, Atelier Descombes Rampini + Superpositions
2014 – North Wharf Promenade, Taylor Cullity Lethlean and Wraight and Associates
2012 – Cap de Creus, EMF
Submissions for the 11th Rosa Barba Landscape Prize close 31 March 2020.
Landscape Australia is a strategic international partner of the International Biennale of Landscape Architecture in Barcelona.